Recreation and Socialization are important for our health.
When Adelaide Place is home, you have the freedom to spend your time doing whatever you want. And because everyone’s personal interests vary, our recreation program will make sure that there is something for everyone, seven days a week.
Be social for fun!
At Adelaide Place, opportunities abound for enjoying the company of friends and family. Staying socially active as we age is an integral component to a healthy and happy lifestyle.
- Our 24-hour café and large lounges are great areas to relax and chat with friends over a hot beverage and a sweet treat
- Our full-time recreation team will get to know you, your hobbies and your passions, and plan activities you’re sure to love
- Catch a movie in our theatre with friends
- Plan to take in one of our many organized outings and day trips
- Our monthly recreation calendar features daily activities that foster engagement for the mind, body and spirit
Get active as recreation!
Physical activity is important to a healthy life. At Adelaide Place there are so many ways to get active without ever leaving the comfort of home.
- Take a dip in our heated indoor pool or take an aqua-fit class
- Stay fit and active in our fully equipped fitness centre
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the wide hallways of the residence or through our gardens
- Attend one of the many group fitness classes
Feed your spirit as well!
Life isn’t complete without the things that bring you happiness. Indulge your cultural and spiritual side at Adelaide Place.
- Enjoy music programs, arts and craft classes, or live entertainment and participate in themed events
- Explore group volunteer options in the community
- Let us give you a ride to your local Sunday church service
- Enjoy excursions to local cultural attractions
We would love a chance to speak with you, discuss your interests and hobbies and how we could best tailor a recreation program that suits you as an individual.